Alexa began vocal coaching on Sept. 30. She will answer your questions and let me know how you are keeping up with the work posted here:
- You have received new Gr. 1-4 sight singing sheets to practice before your assessment. These are dated 9/30. Ensure that your pages are solfeged for next Monday.
- By now, all parents should have seen our Assessment Form and signed. Thank you for returning.
- Lo Yisa Goy Begin to memorize your part, with correct pronunciation of text. Memorization target date: By camp, we should not be using copies. Note: the pronunciation of ‘ch’ as Laura noted several times in rehearsal. Mark this in your score if you need to.
- Ai Hai Yo All of this piece should now be solfeged. Begin to sing your own part on pages 5 to 7 with solfege. Soundfiles will be provided once you have had a chance to sight sing independently.
- Wildflower Indigenous Chant: We learned this for the first time on Sept 30. Can you read the music yourself to remember how it goes? Try it independently. A Welcome Song in procession!
- Next week: Sisi ni Moja Working ahead: What key are we in? Begin the solfege for your part in light pencil.
Have a good week!