Leading Innovators in Choral Education
VIVA! Youth Singers of Toronto is a choral organization for children, young people (age 4 and up) and adults.
2017-18 marks VIVA!’s eighteenth season as a downtown group of choirs whose mission is to offer members the opportunity to achieve artistic excellence in a singer-centered, collaborative choral community, featuring youth mentoring programs and the TD Bank Group Inclusion Program.
VIVA! is now hiring a Vocal Development Coordinator for the 2018-19 Season. See the Job Posting here.
Key Upcoming Dates
June 9 AUDITIONS for 2018-19 Season. For an audition time, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sunday, June 10 3PM: Main Chorus performs at Christie Gardens Apartments and Care, 600 Melita Cres. 45 minute concert for residents. VIVA! supporters welcome. Free.
2017-18 Season Highlights
- VIVA! Youth Singers is responding to the findings of the calls to action by the Truth and Reconciliation Commission. We will explore music/arts which are inspired by First Nations and indigenous peoples, and engaging in a cultural dialogue with our young singers, guest musicians, and community leaders.
We are confident that this journey will inspire children and youth of VIVA! Youth Singers to respond through dialogue and action, as directed by Reconciliation Canada.
- October Performing Arts Camp Weekend
- November Junior Choir Orff Showcase
- December Poinsettia Fundraiser
- December Carols by Candlelight
- December – 26 Performances of The Nutcracker with the National Ballet of Canada Orchestra
- January 27 Concert The Time of Snow – 6:30 PM Jeanne Lamon Hall, Trinity St. Paul’s – email@example.com
- March 3 Bowlathon Fundraiser
- March Photo Day
- March 30 Concert Pergolesi Stabat Mater, MacMillan Cantos Sagrados and Balfour Take the Indian for Main Chorus and Chamber Choir. Hosted by Trinity St. Paul’s
- April 7 All Day Treble Festival for Main Chorus in St. Catharines
- April 23 Bring a Friend to Choir Open House Day and Prep/Junior Off Showcase
- May 9 Annual Gala Fundraising Dinner
- May 23 Concert by Community Choir and ECS at Regis College
- May 27 Solo Recital for singers taking Private Voice Lessons
- June 2 Concert Ambe…Welcome! – 6:30 PM Jeanne Lamon Hall, Trinity St. Paul’s – firstname.lastname@example.org
- June 10 Concert at Christie Gardens by VIVA’s Main Chorus